CORDOVA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE SCHOLARSHIP
CEC Annual Scholarship
CEC wishes to honor two 2020 graduating high school seniors, home school students, or students having passed their GED in the 2019/2020 school year.
Please complete the scholarship application and return it to CEC by March 13, 2020.
Applications are also available at the CEC office and the Cordova Junior/Senior High School
The Cordova Electric Cooperative Scholarship Committee will review all applications, and do not have a conflict of interest in regard to personal relationships with any and all applicants.
The recipient will be announced at graduation and the CEC Annual Meeting in March.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
Cordova Electric Cooperative wishes to honor two 2020 graduating high school seniors, home school students, or students having passed their GED in the 2018/2019 school year.
- One (1) $2,000.00 (two thousand dollar) scholarship will be awarded to a student seeking to further their education in any area of the electrical industry, which includes, but is not limited to, power production, journeyman lineman, financial, customer service, executive director, etc.
- One (1) $1,000.00 (one thousand dollar) scholarship will be awarded to a student entering a vocational/technical or trade program (electrical industry not a required field).
1. Must be a graduating CHS high school senior, homeschool student, or have passed the GED in the 2019/2020 school year.
2. Graduate’s parents/ legal guardians, or self must be a current member of Cordova Electric Cooperative.
3. Must be entering the field of electrical utility operation to be considered for the $2,000.00 scholarship.
4. Must submit completed scholarship application by March 13, 2020 by mail to Cordova Electric Cooperative, Attention: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 20, Cordova, AK 99574, or deliver it to the CEC office. Must submit a copy of high school transcript.
- Write and submit with application and transcript an essay to include the following: a. Describe your plans for future education.
- Tell us your reasons for pursuing a career in the electric utility industry or trade school.
- Explain the differences in being a member of a cooperative electric utility versus receiving power from a private business.
- Tell us why a positive work environment is essential.
Your combined response must be at least 250 words. Please answer each part of all questions.