CORDOVA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE SCHOLARSHIPS
CEC Annual Scholarships
CEC wishes to honor two 2021 graduating high school seniors, home school students, or students having passed their GED in the 2020/2021 school year.
Please complete the scholarship application and return it to CEC by March 12, 2021.
Applications are also available at the CEC office and the Cordova Junior/Senior High School
The Cordova Electric Cooperative Scholarship Committee will review all applications, and do not have a conflict of interest in regard to personal relationships with any and all applicants.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
Cordova Electric Cooperative wishes to honor two 2021 graduating high school seniors, home school students, or students having passed their GED in the 2020/2021 school year.
- One (1) $5,000.00 (five thousand dollar) scholarship will be awarded to a student seeking to further their education in any area of the electrical industry, which includes, but is not limited to, power production, journeyman lineman, financial, customer service, executive director, etc.
- One (1) $5,000.00 (five thousand dollar) scholarship will be awarded to a student entering a vocational/technical or trade program (electrical industry not a required field).
1. Must be a graduating CHS high school senior, homeschool student, or have passed the GED in the 2020/2021 school year.
2. Graduate’s parents/ legal guardians, or self must be a current member of Cordova Electric Cooperative.
3. Must submit completed scholarship application by March 12, 2021 by mail to Cordova Electric Cooperative, Attention: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 20, Cordova, AK 99574, or deliver it to the CEC office. Must submit a copy of high school transcript.
- Write and submit with application and transcript an essay to include the following: a. Describe your plans for future education.
- Tell us your reasons for pursuing a career in the electric utility industry or trade school.
- Explain the differences in being a member of a cooperative electric utility versus receiving power from a private business.
- Tell us why a positive work environment is essential.
Your combined response must be at least 250 words. Please answer each part of all questions.
CORDOVA ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE DONATIONS
CEC often invests in small electrical related projects with eligible non-profit entities. CEC also participates in the Sharing Success Program, which provides additional matching funds from our lender CoBank. Specifics on the program vary from year to year, see CoBank’s program description in the link below. CEC will advertise for applications to the Sharing Success Program on our Facebook page, local radio, and The Cordova Times. The Contribution Request Form below can be used for both programs, please fill out and return back to the CEC office.