Power Outage Survey
CEC and researchers are interested in how power outages affect you or your business. We have created an online survey that asks about electricity use and how hypothetical power outages might affect you. We would like to hear from residents and businesses. Residents and small/medium businesses will be referred to an online survey while large businesses and public customers will participate in a zoom interview.
What are the benefits?
You will help researchers understand how much CEC customers value their electricity service during outages and how valuable it is to customers to avoid outages.
- Residential survey will survey take about 25 minutes to complete and you will be given the chance to enter a raffle for one of three $250 gift cards from a local business.
- Business survey will survey take about 30 minutes to complete and you will be given $50 for participating.
How long will the study last?
- Our goal is to complete the surveys and interviews by the end of June 2021.
How long do the surveys and interviews last?
- Online residential surveys will take about 30 minutes to complete.
- Online small/medium business will take about 40 minutes to complete.
- Zoom interviews with large business and public customers will take about an hour.
How do I know what type of business I am?
- You should have received a postcard directing you to the correct survey or interview. If you do not know please call CEC or contact Jennifer Schmidt.
Where can I find the survey?
- Residential Survey
- Small Business Survey
- For the large business and public customers please contact CEC to schedule an interview.
- A link for the business survey should have been emailed to your business. If not and you are interested please email Jennifer Schmidt.
For more information about the survey, please contact Dr. Jennifer Schmidt – 907-786-5497. If you have questions about your legal rights as a participant in the survey, please contact the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab Human Subjects Committee – 510-486-5399.