PUBLIC NOTICE FOR PUBLIC HEARING
September 8, 2021
The Board of Directors of Cordova Electric Cooperative, Inc. is considering the following Tariff revisions to become effective January 1st, 2022:
- A change to the fuel cost adjustment calculation for all rates, which is projected to result in an overall increase of 6%, but will also stabilize the rate on a quarterly basis.
- A change to the energy rates which result in:
- 15% increase to boat harbor and seafood processor customers
- 30% increase to street lights
- 15% decrease to large power customers
- A revision to the qualifying facilities rate to reflect the avoided cost of power based on hydro and diesel operations.
There will be a Public Hearing on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021, at 5:30 PM in the Cordova Center Education Room (adjacent to the Library) and streamed online via GoToMeeting. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to record the statements and questions of the membership relating to the proposed change.
Agendas will be available at the office and on the CEC website prior to the Public Hearing and will include the GoToMeeting connection information. The proposed revised tariff sheets showing the specific changes will be available to members at the meeting, as well as in advance upon request. Please contact the CEC office at 424-5555 or email@example.com for more information.